Oral-B has come up with a brand new range of toothbrushes that are called the “Deep Sweep Toothbrushes”. The makers of this electric toothbrush promise the users that it is capable of removing 76% more plaque compared to the other toothbrushes.
The only way to verify this claim is to use the toothbrush yourself so we are just going to talk about some of the features that make it worth your money.
Since this toothbrush came out in the UK a lot of people have used it and you can find quite a number of customer testimonials saying:
- Although it is an electric brush, it is pretty easy to use and you can work with it just like any other manual brush.
- The battery is good and has a capacity to work for about 10 days before replacement is needed.
- It has some extra functions that are not available in any other toothbrush.
You have to use different techniques with different electric toothbrushes but this one has a quality that you can use it like a normal toothbrush. The specialty of the Deep Sweep toothbrush by Oral-B is that it is much more effective in removing plaque than other brushes and that is precisely the manufacturer’s statement for its publicity.
Another feature that you won’t be able to find in other toothbrushes is the TriAction function. It is an important factor to consider because this is an innovative idea and you get to have three sets of bristles. Two of these bristles move side to side while the third one remains stationary. This way you get to have a triple cleaning action for your teeth with this toothbrush.
You can also check out the following advertising video to see how the whole thing works. Most of the Oral-B toothbrushes go with the rotation-oscillation function but this one is a bit different in this sense.
Now you get to choose from two different versions of the Deep Sweep Toothbrushes. One of these is the 1000 model and the other is the 5000 model. Both have their own features with some similarities and some differences so we are going to take a look at both of them.
Although the Deep Sweep 5000 model has some extra functions as compared to the1000 model but they do have the following similarities:
- The “TriAction” mode is the same in both the models where one set of bristles remains fixed in place while the other two move side to side producing pulsating and sweeping motions. They have the capacity of generating 8,800 sweeping motions every minute.
- Both the versions have an alert that senses the pressure and notifies you when you start brushing too hard. This is actually a very useful function for those who have a habit of brushing hard without knowing it.
- There is a timer in both models that tells you when to move the brush to scrub the other side.
- The 1000 version has a battery life of about 7 days which is pretty good and the 5000 model has a battery life of 10 days which is excellent.
A few differences between the models include the following. The 1000 version has the capacity to go for 20,000 pulsating motions per minute while with 5000 model you get to have 40,000 sweeping motions per minute. Some extra features of the 5000 model include 5 different cleaning modes that are not available in the other model.
One feature of Deep Sweep 5000 is that it contains the same wireless Smartguide that you find in the Professional Care Smart Series 5000. Depending on your preference this feature may attract you. It keeps reminding you to change quadrants every 30 seconds. It notifies you when you are brushing more than needed and it keeps sensing the pressure you apply on your teeth while scrubbing. This guide is an attractive feature of the model and can be quite helpful if you want to get feedback to find out if you are brushing your teeth the right way or not.
Is It Worth It?
With these features it becomes quite obvious that it is not a cheap toothbrush and if you are on a budget then you better get a cheaper one like a regular 1000 or any other toothbrush that has a reasonable rate. The Deep Sweep 5000 model is about $30 more expensive than the standard Oral-B 5000 because of the extra features that it possesses.
This technology still needs to be tested thoroughly when you compare it with the other Oral-B toothbrushes like the rotation-oscillation and sonic types. Considering all of its features, however, we can easily recommend it as one of the best you can get.
In conclusion, we can clearly see that the benefits and features of this toothbrush make a product worth trying. The biggest advantage is that you can use it like any other ordinary toothbrush and it removes plaque much more effectively than the other models.
Many people in the UK have already tried using it and the customer testimonials prove that it is a good product which makes it worth your money.